Acrylic Spray Texture Overlay
“THE ORIGINAL Spray Texture Overlay Since 1970”
Classic Texture Overview
If you have ever walked across a comfortable and safe pool deck, it was probably finished with Sundek CLASSIC texture. This decorative concrete application helped launch the decorative concrete industry. Many custom effects can be achieved with Sundek Classic Texture and projects can be enhanced by adding effects such as SunStamp TUSCAN, masonry effects, custom score cut lines and other aggregate effects.Classic Texture Gallery
Projects Featuring Classic Texture (click to enlarge)
Classic Texture Concrete Coating Video
The decorative concrete industry was launched with SUNDEK CLASSIC Texture. Chances are that if you have walked across a comfortable, safe textured pool deck it was very likely SUNDEK CLASSIC Texture. To enhance your project, it can be combined with Masonry effects, Custom Scoreline, SunStamp, Aggregate Effects, TUSCAN and all other applications.
Features and Benefits: The original spray texture overlay system is SUNDEK’s Classic Texture. It is commonly specified by major commercial properties, architects and military installations because of its many benefits. As well, many homeowners request the classic system for their homes. Some of Sundek’s Classic Texture benefits include:
- Its slip-resistant texture provides a safe environment in many conditions.
- The material’s non-porous properties keep chemicals, oils and dirt from penetrating into the surface. This saves time and money usually spent on maintenance.
- The Classic Texture is cooler than plain concrete, brick or tile. It provides a comfortable walking surface for bare feet because of the different degrees of texture.
- When compared to the market’s other decorative concrete coating systems, this system is both durable and very economical.
- There are a variety of specialty design and effects available. This is due to the 3-5 step process. It provides a consistent chemical bond with the concrete with each step installed, allowing for different effects to be installed.
Where to use it: CLASSIC texture is perfect for:
- Pool Deck Surrounds
- Horizontal & Vertical installation
- Commercial & Residential installation
How it’s done: The SUNDEK CLASSIC texture is a water-based acrylic spray texture system. It is first sprayed on a surface of existing concrete. The product is then “knocked” or troweled down using the edge of a trowel. This special process creates a texture that is slip resistant and great for walking on with bare feet. Once the textured coating has dried and cured, an application of an acrylic based finish coat is applied on the surface. This contains the final color and layer of protection. During the process, different design templates can be added. The templates can create the look of brick, stone, tile or custom graphics. Additional effects can be added to camouflage the elements. Examples include Custom Scoreline which uses existing cracks in the surface and incorporates them into a pattern, or Aggregate Effects in which multiple acrylic colors are applied to the surface.